In 2014, IVN and Bank Mizrahi-Tefahot embarked on a joint Call for Candidates to identify and select four seed-stage social businesses. The goal of this partnership was two-fold: (i) to develop and grow the social business sector in Israel in general and these enterprises specifically and (ii) to develop a pipeline of promising social businesses that will feed into IVN’s flagship program: the Social Venture Program. As a result of its success, IVN and Bank Mizrahi-Tefahot are once again joining forces and issuing another Call for Candidates.
* Social businesses promoting employment or employment training of vulnerable populations (Arabs, Ethiopians, Bedouins, youth-at-risk, people with special needs, single-parent families, pensioners and more)
* Clear social goals,
* Measurable work plan in place and business plan for the coming year
* In operation for at least 6 months
* Income generation
* The venture has the potential for long-term economic and social stability
* Deep commitment to the venture and its development and managerial/business skills & abilities
Submission deadline: 25/01/2017
Selected ventures receive the following:
* Mentoring by senior business executives and by an IVN professional
* Funding – Grant of NIS 25,000
* Capacity building tools, i.e. business plan formulation, organizational development, marketing, human resource management, and more.
To begin the application process, click here.